Sunday, July 15, 2012

Up North


I had the amazing opportunity to spend an extended weekend with my family and friends up at our cabin in little Hackensack, MN. It's one of my favorite places to hang out with fun people, relax, and enjoy the beauty of God's creation. My experience was just the blessing from God I needed after a busy start to summer. Here are a few photos from my visit so you can share in the blessing.

My brother and roommate/brother's girlfriend posing as Paul Bunyan and his sweetheart during my roomie's first visit to the fun little town of Hackensack. I know what you're thinking and no it's not weird that my roommate and brother are dating. I think its wonderful.

Posing with a life size version of Lucette, Paul Bunyan's sweetheart in town.
My aunt enjoying a favorite cabin pastime, reading a good book outside in the beauty of God's creation.
My sister reading one of our favorite books next to the fire.
The hammock is one of my favorite places to  hang out, especially when there is a fire going and I've got a great book to enjoy.

No experience up north would be complete without eating our fill of the ooey, gooey, chocolately goodness of s'mores fresh from the fire.

We are lucky to have a cabin that faces west and allows us to experience the sunset each night. Every sunset is a little bit different but I'm glad for digital technology because I think I'd go broke trying to print off all the pictures I take of this scene every summer.


This sunset was a different night than the previous picture, but I love the vibrant orange and red.

My parents enjoying the sunset from the best seat in the house.  They have been a great example of love and commitment, leaving a legacy of faith and prayer to everyone they meet.
One last picture of the sunset from our dock out in the water.
The long weekend was the perfect way to relax, rejuvenate, and experience the everyday blessings of God's handiwork. Since I've returned from my respite up north, God has continued to teach and provided stories to share about his love and faithfulness so stay tuned for future posts. In the mean time, enjoy the beauty and majesty of God's glorious creation all around you.  Be blessed my friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment